#AD This post contains affiliate links and Ilovejeans.com will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
When you think of monochrome you probably think of black-and-white, but the literal definition is an image, or in this case a look, that is created from varying tones of one colour. While oki-ni are big fans of colour, summer outfits too often become a visual wrestling match, with the red and blue corners squaring off against each other in a fight for dominance. The following STYLED editorial shoot, oki-ni demonstrates how bright summer colours can work together, in tag-team, to create sophisticated looks that are a real knockout.
STYLED is an editorial series produced by the oki-ni creative team in collaboration with a range of guest talent – from celebrated fashion editors, publications and stylists.
PURPLE: Use purple as your base colour and introduce two tones to give a tight monocrome style.
- Marc By Marc Jacobs Men’s Crest Logo Polo Shirt £85.00
- Nonnative Men’s Cotton Hiker Jacket £670.00
- Norse Projects Men’s Jarl Trousers £105.00
- Vans Cali Authentic CA £60.00
RED: Use red as your base colour, introduce pattern or check into the mix keeping to red hues.
- Lacoste L!VE Men’s Hooded Jacket £250.00
- YMC Men’s Patchwork Shirt £119.00
- Penfield Men’s Millwood Pant £75.00
- Common Projects Men’s Vintage High Sneaker £275.00
GREEN: Green is the colour that stands out here with sand being the base colour.
- JW Anderson Men’s Long Sleeve Cashmere Top £260.00
- NN07 Men’s Simon Chino £105.00
- A.P.C. Men’s Tennis Crochet Mid Boot £230.00
ORANGE: Orange is the key vibrant colour here with accents of pink. The dark denim jacket with orange stitching tones in with the blue of the orange.