I’ve long-admired Kate Bosworth’s style, who hasn’t? Effortless, chic and always with a quirky hint of glamour, Kate gets it spot on every time. Since the weather in the UK has been awful, I’m dreaming of spring time or perhaps joining Ms. Bosworth overseas in sunny L.A just so that I can glide around in this gorgeous ensemble…
Shop the look:
1. Vintage Renewal Denim Shirt, £28.00. A denim shirt is a wardrobe staple that can be worn open over a tee like Kate or buttoned to the top during the winter.
2. Thierry Lasry Hooky D-frame marbled acetate sunglasses, £255.
3. Current/ElliottThe High Waist distressed denim shorts, £175 in the labels signature distressed denim look stunning with bear legs but team them with opaque tights now.
4. Eddie Borgo Silver-plated crystal earrings, £285. Drawing inspiration from punk and street culture, New York designer Eddie Borgo’s jewelry collection offers an edgy take on refined glamour; making them perfect for Kate and Kate-style-fans.
5. THE ACTUAL BOOTS! Isabel Marant Dicker suede ankle boots, £345. These are the actual boots Kate is picture wearing. With a low heel and in a soft taupe, they make perfect everyday footwear.
6. Philippe Audibert Set of three gold-plated bracelets, £265. Add extra glamour and tie in the tones with this golden trio.
As a fashion stylist I was always looking for unique pieces for my-self and clients, something special that always got a comment when worn. I often found that back in the day when Urban Outfitters (then, not yet available in the UK), had just opened in the US, they had a great selection of vintage and customised jackets, skirts and shirts, perfect for my thirst for something special. Even to this day, especially when traveling, i’m looking for that hero piece to complement my wardrobe. So when I came across Free People, It reminded me so much of those early Urban Outfitter days, I need to know more about the company….
ILOVEJEANS LOVES CUSTOMISED DENIM
About Free People:
In 1970 Dick Hayne opened a store in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and called it Free People. The store grew from one to two, the name was changed from Free People to Urban Outfitters. During 2001,they realized that it was really Free People that invoked some favorite images, those of femininity, courage, and spirit. It was time to get back to their roots. Today, Free People have many boutiques spread across the US, nine in New York alone!
Thankfully FreePeople.com ship to the UK, Standard Shipping US $7.95 (4-7 business days) Be sure to check international returns before you purchase.