Pictured out with her daughter, Heidi Klum looks every bit the stylish Mummy and it’s a welcome change to see her dressed down (and fully clothed)! She pairs denim cut off shorts over black denim jeans with a casual sweater, winter coat and gorgeous Louboutins for a quirky, laid back look.
Get the Look
1. Damsel in a dress Miranda Coat in black, £269. Tailoring sharpens up the casual look making it practical and chic.
2. BURBERRY BRIT Chambray shorts, £165 offer a more elegant take on classic denim shorts plus the loose cut and adjustable waist tab ensure a comfortable fit that is ideal to wear over tights or jeans like Heidi.
I’ve long-admired Kate Bosworth’s style, who hasn’t? Effortless, chic and always with a quirky hint of glamour, Kate gets it spot on every time. Since the weather in the UK has been awful, I’m dreaming of spring time or perhaps joining Ms. Bosworth overseas in sunny L.A just so that I can glide around in this gorgeous ensemble…
Shop the look:
1. Vintage Renewal Denim Shirt, £28.00. A denim shirt is a wardrobe staple that can be worn open over a tee like Kate or buttoned to the top during the winter.
2. Thierry Lasry Hooky D-frame marbled acetate sunglasses, £255.
3. Current/ElliottThe High Waist distressed denim shorts, £175 in the labels signature distressed denim look stunning with bear legs but team them with opaque tights now.
4. Eddie Borgo Silver-plated crystal earrings, £285. Drawing inspiration from punk and street culture, New York designer Eddie Borgo’s jewelry collection offers an edgy take on refined glamour; making them perfect for Kate and Kate-style-fans.
5. THE ACTUAL BOOTS! Isabel Marant Dicker suede ankle boots, £345. These are the actual boots Kate is picture wearing. With a low heel and in a soft taupe, they make perfect everyday footwear.
6. Philippe Audibert Set of three gold-plated bracelets, £265. Add extra glamour and tie in the tones with this golden trio.
Spotted out in New York City recently, Katie Holmes donned a pair of cool blue flares, a parka and practical boots. Overall, I love her casual look, she looks pleased with it and seems to be glowing with happiness. Here’s how to recreate the look for yourself.
Embrace the 70s trend now, it’s going to be around for spring and summer and suits everyone. Flares are incredibly flattering to most body shapes thanks to a high-rise that holds your tummy in and a slow taper that glides over your curves and kicks out at the ankle to make top-heavy girls in particular, look perfectly balanced.
Get Katie’s hippy vibe with these rag & bone/JEAN Flare With Leather Waist Detail Vintage Wash, Now only £75.
The parka is a great trans-seasonal piece, keeping you warm during winter but being light enough as the months gradually grow milder. In this particular picture, Katie was spotted out with Liam Gallagher so she’s really paid homage to the laid back Oasis vibe! My eye is on the Burberry Brit Fur Trim Warmer Parka, £595.00.
Although Katie usually tends to balance practical and stylish rather well, I’m not a fan of her personal choice of walking boots. If she opted for a low heel-almost flat-ankle boot in a metallic finish peeping beneath her flares, she’d look twice as stylish but could still traipse around NYC pain-free. I love these Esquivel The Jett metallic leather ankle boots, £420 which really compliment the parka.
Jessica Alba has a laid back style that is rather different to that of the glamorous, racy roles she has played in films. A fan of J Brand jeans, she is seen here in velvet J Brand Maria Skinny Jeans – Conifer now £110 at Donna Ida.
This casual ensemble is inspiration for winter wear during the festive season, perfect for hiding some extra pounds from all that over-indulgence while remaining chic.
Get the entire look:
Tuck the skinnies into these gorgeous Black patent knee high chelsea boots, Black, £38 and keep things effortless looking with the Per Una Slash Neck Ribbed Knitted Top £29.50. Jessica is clever with detailing and even though appearing casual, her accessories are high-end. This high-quality Ted Baker Skolday Leather Satchel Bag, Black, £199 and BARBA Floral print scarf £127.66 are ideal. The finishing touch is a high gloss manicure using a deep berry shade. Maintain your talons at home with Jessica Custom Nail Colour – Berries, £9.75.
Happy Holiday’s !
Kristen Stewart has to be one of THE hottest denim icons out there. She’s often spotted on the red carpet wearing jeans when everyone else is donning a fabulous frock; I love her individuality. Just like her, her style is laid back but full of rock chick attitude with textural tough fabrics like leather and denim doing all the talking. Kristen, we salute you!
Here’s how to get one of her latest looks with the bonus that most of the items are on sale…
In this image Kristen is sporting 7 FOR ALL MANKIND BLUE ORCHID MID RISE ROXANNE SKINNY JEANS, now £154.00. Team them with the all-important biker jacket like this J.W.ANDERSON Quilted leather biker jacket, £1,340. Biker jackets will still be around for SS13 so this is definitely worth the investment.
Wear a casual peach tone tee beneath, this James Perse Relaxed Casual V Neck Tee, now £48.50 is perfect. Finally, choose pointed ankle boots such as these KG BY KURT GEIGER Talia buckle leather ankle boots, now £69, keep accessories minimal and hair natural and free flowing. Growl.